Saturday, April 7

She Breaks My Heart

After reading the most recent of Anna's post, I only felt it right to post one in return.

Really, I've never met anyone kinder than she. You may see me proclaim that I have no best friends, that every single one, I hold dear. Yet I must mention that this is partly a lie. Yes, I hold my friendships close, but there are those who have touched this cold heart of mine and warmed my soul. And Anna mother-fucking Castro, you are one of them.

It will be easier to direct this one to you, since it would be easier to type down the truth. In all of our talks, early in the morning or in the deep night, you always bring me the comfort that you claim I give to you. You tell people of my qualities that I still believe I do not possess, but because of you, I'm beginning to believe you, little by little. But what you may not know is that all of this is because of you and your help.

Walking into our homeroom during that freshman-year, I heard you amongst the 29 other voices that echoed in Ms. Ballas' room before the announcements began. You stood out and you were unafraid. That, I admired about you and kept to myself, just taking in my surroundings as a frightened mouse of a 1st-year. But in my silence and isolation, you spoke to me and, hell, even lent me your book. I thought I've never met a kinder person.

From The Da Vinci Code stemmed our friendship.

I mustn't keep this long, but I just want you to know that everything I've admired about you is true. You've been there when My Boys began to dwindle in number. You even made up for the testosterone at times (you and I, both).

And you're right. It will take much more than a few damn states to keep us apart. A whole fucking lot more.

Coddamnit, Anna. You make me cry, my Banana Hammock.

J-6 fo' life.