Wednesday, April 25

An Excerpt from Her Mind at 6:48a

When she first told me of his fanciful thoughts concerning me, I dismissed them wholly. Then, not only did I dislike his being, he and his opinions of me or of anyone meant zilch to me. By offending the loves of my life, he had offended me. And those are two things I let no one get away with. My feelings toward him were of negative apathy: a complete insult to his existence.

The second time he saw me with my love, he supposedly took fancy. Or so she told me. Again, I attempted to dismiss the thought from my mind since, of course, I felt disturbed. Not only had he just broke down the barrier and hatred that once allowed me to ignore him when I passed, but created a sort of obligatory kindness from me to him. No, it wasn't necessarily pity. Pity is something that no one should receive since it is one of the greatest slights one may incur, a feeling of inferiority. I attempted to be kind, but at first, it only meant an cessation to my evil thoughts of his demise. Hah, I'm kidding. Somewhat. Things went alright.

The third time, she burst out laughing when she told me of his infatuation. I felt something inside me die... out of pity. Not only was he clueless of how much I had loathed him, but of how bothersome I find his character. The complete opposite of what I subconsciously expect from a guy friend. He was loud, obnoxious, and extremely shallow beyond my belief. Because of this, my friends took great delight in his seemingly futile attempts to capture my attention. My main goal was to try and get on with life without letting him get in the way.

Little did I know that he has told her many things. To this day, I remain confused.


Now the tables have turned. I am the one who just can't stop thinking such thoughts of both infatuation AND dislike. Shame, isn't it? I may have taken a liking to a type of guy who will by no doubt break my heart.