Saturday, May 5

The Asian Film Festival...

The film my cousin and I saw was American Pastime regarding the life of a certain family, namely a certain character and his family, in a Japanese internee-camp.

Truly, the cinematography was quite pleasing. The plot was acceptable and in itself was lovely. The characters were very memorable. And never before was I this captured by a mostly Asian cast.

Of course there were films such as Memoirs of a Geisha and Letters from Iwo Jima, but to be honest, the first didn't suit and tastes and the latter I haven't had a chance to see. So to be able to see this film (a candidate in the running for an award at the Festival), it was remarkably great. So as to not hide anything else, the director, a friendly guy in (I believe) his mid-30s was there to allow for a more personal touch to the film.

Not only that... but two of the actors were there as well. Yeeahh...


Other than the film, it was nice to have spent this time with my cousin who I rarely see because of school. Sadly, she was not the only person to whom my thoughts drifted to.

Damn him.