Monday, December 25

The day is Kingsley.

When one usually wakes up late, the day is about to end. No fun, no laughter, just television. But such was not the case today.

A dog had followed my dad into our backyard. Of course, I had no idea. I did hear a strange "cry" from outside, but assuming it was Penny, I only said "Penny, don't cry, baby." And now that I read that, it sounds completely sleazy, even it was for a dog.

But in a few minutes, my mother called me from my cousin's house, relaying to me the news of the "cutest little dog. She was in the backyard. Curiosity, of course, took over. I opened the screen door just a smidge and up prances this little puppy. And yes, I was overcome with the warm, fluffy feeling.

And here I am at my cousin's house with the new baby "Kingsley." Adorable little thing. Sigh.

I miss Penny. I hope she's alright.