Monday, February 19

Goals. The point is...?

I really don't know. As you may have noticed, I've joined "43 things" in order to find at least one thing that can help me organize my goals. I'd like to say that it's helped me a lot. To some extent, I think I will say that. But here's the problem: I don't know what my goals are.

Pretty big? Yeah, I know. You look at that little corner, and you see a few things that I, Leslie, may be interested in doing. But how exactly can an ambivalent person like me decide on such goals? This goes far beyond the actual listing of aspirations, my friends. Listing helps, mind you.

But that certain technique of actually taking a pen and a piece of paper (or in this case, a monitor and a keyboard) does NOT help at all if you feel completely hopeless when thinking of goals. Don't get me wrong. There's nothing wrong with not knowing your goals. That is what everyone's been telling me, so I will pass it on to you. As for me, I want goals.

Hm. That should be my first goal. Or at least one of them. But let's be realistic here. What kind of goal is that? Thinking up of more goals? That is something that will eventually lead someone like me into an endless circle of Bob knows what.

And now, I am abed. Hah. I've transfered my recent frustrations onto all of you. This feeling of mischief is something one can get used to.

Okay. Leaving on such a note just gave me the chills. So feeling the necessity to be kind, I want to share my current musical love that has ignited a full-blown musical treasure hunt. And this is the treasure: