Sunday, June 17

A Moment I'll Always Enjoy

Spending the whole day somewhere that mandates taking the freeway away from home with friends and/or family members...

At night, on the way back home, everyone's exhausted. People whisper private conversations around the car while some make do without a bed and pillow.

Soft musical notes slip from the speakers, lifting the awkward gravity of the silence without wholly removing its pleasant being.

Sitting in the passenger's seat with my head against the window, quietly allowing my thoughts drift here and there, exploring the universe. Words refuse to exit my lips while my ears willingly invite the quiet purring of the engine and outside air whizzing past. I patiently wait for the driver to say something while also hoping that he, too, enjoys the peace that has fallen upon the vehicle.

Mutual acknowledgment of each other's presence needn't be spoken. That is simply understood. And accepted.

He is happy.
I am happy.

And on continues the ride home from what will be remembered as a wonderful day.

---

I shall, for the entirety of my life, enjoy these moments during which the feeling of invincibility and vulnerability exist simultaneously in my body, mind, and soul.