Sunday, June 1

There is something I miss in the way sun and the breeze work so perfectly together to create the ultimate day for walking, relaxing, reading, and laughing. The mild whispering of the wind along with the familiar but infrequent purring of engines going past made enough noise to negate the stifling silence of being alone. Still, there was always someone who existed on the other side of a phone call, of a text message, of a dream.

There is something I miss in the way my phone would ring in the evening, bearing my best friend's excited voice. The words "Hey, what are you doing?" translated smoothly and effortlessly to "Meet us here, we'll be waiting."Driving alone, singing, was merely the beginning to a night of embraces, smiles, chatter, and joy that will forever engrave memories into my heart.

There is something I miss in her smile, in his voice, in their eyes, in her embrace, in their presence, in his touch.

Appease me, Life. You owe me.